Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getaway!


Vacation!  School is out this week and we are soaking up the quality family time.  We headed down to Boston on sunday.  We wanted a hotel that was kid-friendly--that means location and pool!  We hit the jackpot with the Marriot Long Wharf!  It is right next to the aquarium.  Our room had a view of the harbor and aquarium.  We headed right to the aquarium....the penquins were as cute (if not a little frisky!) as ever...we saw sharks and sea turtles and a ton of fish.  I love the aquarium because it is not overwhelming.  When we had our fishy fill, we said goodbye to Poppy, Mimi and Meme and headed back to the hotel with Auntie and Grammie for a little water fun of our own.  Inspired by the seals, Mia spent at least an hour in the pool with Daddy! I had to drag her out all pruney and purple-lipped!  Benj was not that into the pool.  He hung out with the rest of us poolside.  I did venture into the hot tub...ahhhh.

Benji makes friends with a penquin!   
After the pool, we took a cab (rainy weather) to a restaurant in the north end.  It started out rocky--Benji was a mess.  All he wanted to do was hang out at the bar and play peek-a-boo with a girl!  That was not really in the plan, so Grammie (thank god for Grammies) had her meal packed up and headed back to the hotel with the littlest barfly.  Tom, Auntie, Mia and I stayed at the restaurant and had a blast.  Mia sure can hang these days!  She entertained herself with her polar bear and lemon sorbet, while us "grownups" enjoyed our baby-free meal and the chianti!  We ended the night at Mike's Pastry, letting our favorite girl pick out anything she wanted!  She choose a pistaschio macaroon, after much (much) deliberation.  It was cute, she felt quite grownup.

The next morning, the Lynch family had breakfast on our own, while Grammie & Auntie slept in.  When we were all up and ready we headed to the Boston Children's Museum.  This place is awesome.

Mia played teacher...
Benji read some books...
Mia worked on her surfing skills (see Benji sleeping in the background!)
Overall it felt great to get away, even just to Boston.  I love going to the city, it is so invigorating.  I also love how by getting away, even for a night, I love to come home again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!

I've been reading your blog for ages, but for some reason never seem to comment...I'm awful, I know! I love all the pictures. Maybe this summer the Lynch family should come to DC for a long weekend? :)

Lots of love,
Alexis

Kimberley said...

Hey Lexie-lou!
Thanks for reading and commenting! DC would be fun! I'll start working on Tom now! ha ha ha.
K

auntie said...

I had so much fun with everyone!! I am glad i was able to join!! Look forward to next year maybe benji will do the climbing thing with me.