Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where I am today...

You know sometimes it is weird teaching in the same high school that I went to. Sometimes, I think back to that high school girl and feel like I don't even know her, and other times, I know her all too well. Her hopes and dreams are my reality. I feel fortunate to say that. I've been on a journey since I left these walls as a student. I discovered much more than distant lands and cultures. I found that location is just a dot on the map, but inner peace comes from within. The grass is not greener, if you don't know what you're looking for. So, I came full circle, back home, to the comfort of my family, and unknowingly to the comfort of my love's arms.

We live a charmed life for sure, money may not grow on trees for us, but love flourishes in abundance--my life's greatest harvest. Being here, in my hometown, is easy in someways, familiar, but being here as an adult is all together different. I feel cerebreal these days as spring approaches. As we all shed the extra layers of protection of winter, I wonder perhaps I should shed some of my protective outer layers as well.

What am I holding back? Honestly, with the exception of being a little more forthcoming when my feelings are hurt, I feel I have become the woman I always wanted to be. So, as I gaze into a vacant classroom, I imagine my student self and I smile. She would be happy to see me, I feel happy to have been her and even happier to be me.

I just felt like sharing today friends...p e a c e.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad you are at peace, friend! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

KK1625 said...

There is no better feeling than knowing that at this moment in time you are in the right place! I am glad you are feeling at peace! Hugs!

Jennifer said...

Great post. I hope you got some extra hugs from Mia today. I couldn't stop squeezing Eli and Adah. I hope we always feel so fortunate.