Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Back to School!
Yesterday, we teachers in my district headed back to work! Au revoir summer! The summer was awesome...I love my job. I feel very rewarded by my work. I feel I make a difference in the lives of young people. I sometimes get the feeling by some other mothers that all working mothers actually wish they could stay at home. While there are days I would rather stay at home, I truly feel lucky to be gainfully employed at a (generally, and overall) soul nourishing job. Why must we mothers divide ourselves as "stay-at-home" and "working?" We are all mothers...and we all work hard...regardless if for some portion of the day I work hard with other people's children! No one should have to justify their decision to work or not work. No one should be made to feel guilty that they work--or don't work! We should all just support each other! That's all from my corner of the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We should all feel lucky and thankful that as women we have choices and opportunities! There are many women who never have that!
Here here!
Post a Comment