Sunday, January 10, 2010

I know this much is true...

My family will never go hungry!

Since we got our freezer (thanks Auntie & Luke) last spring, I've been doing a lot of freezing. All summer I squirreled away extra produce whenever I could...I shelled, chopped, husked, hollowed, steamed and froze all that summer goodness in convenient Lynch Family meal portions. I also bought at the farmer's market extra bacon, pork, kielbasa and chicken and stashed that in the freezer too. I have extra soup, egg whites, tomato sauces, pestos, a whole homemade lasagna, creme fraiche and a baguette. Not too shabby. When combined with the contents of my pantry and fridge, I can make a luscious, very local, organic dinner every night this week without buying one single thing. True I tell you! I'm going to do so this week...so check in and see what's cooking this week at my house...

I'm headed to the grocery store for the week, to buy milk (if only I had a cow--or a goat!), coffee (rather self-explanatory) and black tea (again, I cannot grow or buy this and freeze it ha!). Even though we buy organic and fair trade I still will only spend $15 this week....oh yeah...and we'll plenty left in the freezer for another budget freeze week next month! Being frugal was never so delicious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post what you prepare each night! I am always looking for new ideas....I feel like I always make the same things. Thanks, Heather (from NC)

Kimberley said...

Oh yes! I surely will! (thanks for reading!)
Kimberley