Monday, September 22, 2008

Equinox

Happy Autumn equinox friends!  I've been really trying to mark the rhythms of the seasons, so we decided to celebrate the first day of fall with a special dinner...

Our centerpiece is Benji's birthday ring...it has been up all month to honor our favorite fall birth!
I made roasted squash and braised vegetables with apple crisp for dessert.  Yum.  The kids received Pumpkin Moonshine by Tasha Tudor and Gerda Muller's Autumn board book as little tokens of the season.  We toasted our wine/soy milk/fistfull of rice to the season...happiness to you too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy and healthy! Is that a little note under your plate? It looks like gourmet restaurant :).
Have a nice weekend
Christa

Kimberley said...

HI Christa...It is a little meal blessing on a watercolored card...I got the idea from Amanda Soule's Creative family...you too have a great weekend...
Kim