Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School!


Tuesday was the first day of preschool for Mia (and the first day with students for me!)...she is attending the preschool at the high school where I teach, so she'll come in with me everyday.  Here she is ready for her first day with her backpack and everything!
Pretty adorable huh?  She loves it!  She'll be there 5 days a week...and told me already that she "loves Mrs. Bownes!" So sweet....she has no problem saying good bye to me in the mornings and almost seems annoyed when I say it is time to go pick up Benji!  Benji is at the Sevins and flourishing there...he truly is one of the family and I know Cameron & Olivia love him like a brother and Amanda treats him like one of her own!  How lucky am I?  My best friend watches my baby????  Very lucky.
Here we are before leaving for school!  Daddy insisted on taking the "before the door" first day pictures!
In other news, Benji has discovered the joy of emptying the pantry...Mia used to love it too....It keeps him busy while I cook anyways!
Happy september....it is hard to believe Benji turns one this month....ahhhh....it goes soooo fast...

5 comments:

The Coffey Family said...

Mia looks so adorable. That is great that she is going to the preschool at LHS, that must make things so convenient. Do you get to go and see her during your lunch time? What a perfect setup. Is Benji walking yet? He is too cute!

Kimberley said...

Thanks Kylie! I love having her in school...my newest obsession is spying on her through the 2 way mirror! Today I caught her looking at catipillars through a magnifying glass....it was really adorable. Then I came in to see her...and she was like ' oh hi Mommy, what are you doing here?' Yeah, she totally loves it! Which in turn makes me totally happy! Hope your boys are doing well, we'd love to see you soon...sorry we missed the party--it was a hectic weekend for us! Happy birthday to the 2 of them though!
Kim

The Coffey Family said...

That is so cool that you can check in on her through a two way mirror. That is great that she loves school. Nathan will start on Sept. 8 and go from 8:45-11:30. He is gonna love it, I know he will probably want to go everyday. I believe they just added all day kindergarten to the public schools so next year he should be able to go all day. One day at a time I guess. We missed you at the party and I am so bummed that we never managed to meet up this entire summer. You will definitely have to come down to the children's museum one of these days or weekends!

Amanda said...

Awww, thanks Kim. I really enjoy being able to spend my days with my kiddos and your adorable Benji. We have our special quiet play time together when mine are napping, and I know he enjoys it, and I do too!

Hannah said...

Awww! Mia looks an awful lot like a little girl I met 24 years ago! Has she met any girls with big curly hair?