Sunday, October 19, 2008

Golden October

After a crazy start to saturday (unexpected 2 hours with knitting nazi--what a witch, plus a spat between Tom & I--"I feel over worked and under-appreciated"--"me, too"--"oh."), we need some fresh air and a change of scenery. When Mom called to invite us on a wooded walk, we agreed it was just what we needed. Ahh, the power & awe of nature to break a bad mood. The golden sun of an october sky warmed our spirits, and reminded us why we are a great family--a real family...flaws and all, but bound by love.


With Benji on his back, Tom led the way...I love to follow behind him...
Behind me, Poppy gave Mia a ride for part of it...he was in his glory--and Mia was happy perched on her beloved Poppa. When on the ground, we distracted whines of tiredness by searching for acorns and other woodland treats.
Here we are at the ledge...lake wicwas behind us...and the sun was soooo bright.
Oh Poppy & Daddy you are soooo silly..."holding" up a boulder.
Oh yeah, and in my oodles of spare time, I am working on Mia's "iris" fairy costume...here is a sneak peak...it is not quite done yet--it lacks a petticoat and wings. Mia is in love with it...and I am proud too. Benji's gnome costume is on its way too...the adorable factor is high on that...I warn you. I squeal with delight when I put the cap on him.

So, it was a busy busy weekend...I am tired on this monday morning. I feel a "mental health" day in my future....Happy monday friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all that we all do, we've had some family stress lately too. I combatted it tonight by ordering Eli a spiderman costume on line! Yes! That costume stress was taken care of in a few clicks. I don't know how you do it all!

The Coffey Family said...

I am glad the fresh air relieved some stress. Maybe my family needs to take a walk in the great outdoors!