Saturday, February 7, 2009

On my lap and on my needles...


Sometimes there is truly nothing more soul-satisfying than a kitten curled up on your lap, while you snuggle in a favorite chair with a handmade quilt...
and a special project on your needles!  I am making a little present for Mia.  Nothing elaborate or tricky, just a simple left-over yarn neck warmer...I love that this project is truly useful and I didn't need to buy anything to make it!  Usually, I love an excuse to buy new yarn, but it feels good (in a good new england thrifty way) to make something utilitarian out of what you already have!
It will be warm for those times when she's playing outside or skiing with Daddy.  Don't you just love seeing family members and friends wearing your creations???
Speaking of which, I finally finished the gnome hat I started in NOVEMBER for Benji.  I'll give it to him for valentine's day...it came out very cute.  I'll try to get a picture of him wearing it--because it is truly adorable.  I got the pattern out of a great book:  The Children's Year.  It is full of seasonal activities and crafts for parent and child alike.

That's all from my little corner of the world...just me enjoying the coziness of winter and the thrill of celebrating the small triumphs. 

2 comments:

Christa said...

Cute cat, cute neckwarmer and cute gnome hat!

Kimberley said...

Thanks so much!
Kim