Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let the Spring Festivities Commence!

We've been gearing up for Spring here in the Lynch household...with warmer weather, we've been taking walks and looking for signs of spring...we've seen crocus sprouts and daffodil sprouts too!  Our yard is still pretty snowy, but we're eager to see the fruits of all our bulb planting labors!!!

On the afternoon of the Equinox, Mia & Benji found special presents waiting for them...Mia got an amber necklace and the sweater I made for her, and Benji got a new Gerda Mueller book "Spring."  Admittedly, Benji was more interested in getting down to his afternoon nursing, but both loved looking at the pictures of the book and imagining the Spring to come!
Here's a corner of our house, I've taken to decorating it seasonally as well, but we still have our nature shelf in the kitchen for items collected, as well as beloved Ruth Elsasser seasonal postcards and seasonal wooden trees and animals.  I love love love pussy willows!  
We also planted some seeds this weekend!  Wish us luck with our peas, echinacea and poppies!
Happy Spring...although the flakes were flying here today, I hear we're in for some gorgeous weather!  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Our peas are sprouting! Yay!

Jennifer said...

Pussy willows grew near the house I grew up in and they will probably always remind me of being five years old. Mmmmm, such softness! I need to find some near here!