Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bon Voyage!

carry on luggage???
I am leaving this afternoon for a 10 day trip to France & Spain. I am leading a tour of 11 teenagers. I am leaving my children at home with my husband. To say I have mixed feelings about all this would be an understatement. Obviously, I will miss my children. I love them very much and I am attached to them unconditionally. I will miss my Tom too. But, this is such a cool opportunity, that could lead to providing a trip to europe every other year for me and, as they get older, my own children too.

I have been met with a lot of "how can you leave your babies!" responses. Trust me, I will feel like I am leaving a vital limb behind, but me leaving for 9 sleeps I truly believe is far far less detrimental, than having a mother who refuses to take opportunities because of her children! Tom is so happy to have some quality time with them, and I am getting really excited to see Paris again, it has been almost 3 years!

I am sorting my emotions, and I will be back on the blog in 10 (or so!) days to let you know how I managed and if I will ever do it again! Wish me luck & bon voyage, au revoir mes amis.

2 comments:

auntie said...

I am jealous i wish i could go with you, but your kids will be in excellent hands, love you and i will miss you!!!

Barngirl said...

Kim-don't know you...a friend of Jen's, BUT let me say....YOU are doing an awesome thing. Enjoy...you have one jealous mom in Maine wishing she was going with you!