Monday, April 13, 2009

In my easter bonnet...

And now, for a little Easter recap on a monday night... Easter is a great excuse for a new dress, and Mia insisted on an Easter Bonnet...how could I refuse!?! Her dress was light green gingham with smocking...so sweet and perfect for a little girl. Benji got a new button down and looked rather dapper, if I do say so myself. Look at the muffins in their easter finest:
The whole family posed just long enough to snap a shot for posterity...(we like blue huh?)
And while we all were wearing "new," there was plenty of "old" in the form of tradition (tradition! Fiddler on the Roof anyone?) At Easter, Mom always sets the table with the beautiful Limoges spring china, passed down and well loved by my great Aunt Madeleine. It is so delicate and I love that we still use it!
We also always have pineapple upside down cake...Mom adapted Auntie Mat's recipe to use slightly less sugar...but it is a sweet treat!
And now for some more of the "new!" Check out my boy at the table (no more highchair for him!) Enjoying asparagus on a stick! Ha...he's such a silly goose...
A shot of my lovely parents and the feast set out before them--yum!

Overall, it was a lovely day and a nice weekend...cheers to spring...bring on the warmer days!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, it looks like a wonderful Easter! Benji looks so cute in his button-up shirt.

Christa said...

Glad you had a happy Easter! I love that beautiful spring china and keeping up with family traditions!

auntie said...

I wish I could have been there I missed you guys alot

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous family! You and Tom are both looking prepped for your trips abroad. tres chic.