After school on friday (summer vacation!!!!), my sister, mother and I packed up and headed to Brattleboro, VT, for a little getaway. We checked into our B & B, the Meadow Lark Inn, which was gorgeous, and headed into downtown for a bite to eat. After a little chianti and italian food, we headed back to our room, and chatted and giggled until we fell asleep to the sound of peepers! It doesn't get much better...and then it did! The morning greeted us with sun (!), birds and a gourmet 2 course breakfast made with local ingredients! I walked the grounds, admired their gardens and took a little time to myself on the hammock.
Ahhh, serenity!
Look! A bee buzzing away from a rose!
Megan was a ham! She seemed to know people were admiring her!
There were no cameras, cellphones or bags allowed on the tour itself, but Winslow Tudor (Tahsa's grandson) took this shot of us back at the Rookery!
We also saw Marjorie Tudor's (Tasha's daughter-in-law) marionette theater and gardens, and her house she shares with Seth that Seth built by hand. He actually built all the houses (there are 4) on the property! Overall, I had a splendid and relaxing time. It seemed right out of the pages of her books, from another era. I really could have stayed there...with my family!
I got home at about 9 pm last night and curled up next to my sleeping babes...today we celebrate Father's day! Happy Father's Day to all you Daddies out there!
3 comments:
oh I love it! I'm so glad you were able to go!
xoxo
love, alexis
WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!!!
Oh, my! You just stepped right into my dreams!!!
I am speechless!
That is amazing!~ I am also a huge tasha fan :) you are very lucky to have had the chance to visit her garden! It sounds magical~
Post a Comment