Sunday, October 4, 2009

Harvest Day!

Today was Harvest Day at Shaker Village. I love this place & I had another great day...I love to see the animals, the demonstrations of crafts, the beautiful gardens, the hayride and pumpkin choosing. It is all great, New England, fall fun! Here are some highlights...


~Mia helps brush a 4 month old Highland Calf, BlueMoo.~

~Benji chooses a pumpkin.~

~Mia tries her hand at pressing apples to make cider.~

~Benjamin is so big this year...he wanted his own seat on the tractor ride...Mr. Independent with his pumpkin at his feet! He didn't even notice me taking his picture (see my shadow!). ~


~Beautiful fall foliage at Shaker Village.~

We've got a lot more farm visits, fairs and orchards to visit before the season ends. I just love fall! I also love getting in touch with my inner farm girl!

4 comments:

cheapartNH said...

Thanks for posting, I wish I was there. The little man is blowing my mind.

gardenmama said...

I can imagine how incredible this must have been ; ) It looks like a lovely day!

Jennifer said...

I want to brush a Highland cattle!

Anonymous said...

Awww, this post makes me homesick!
Love,
Hannah