Sunday, October 11, 2009

Miles Smith Farm Day

We just can't get enough of the beautiful harvest festivals and outdoor activities that this time of the year in NH offers! Last weekend, we went to the Shaker Village Harvest Day and met BluMoo, the 4 month old Scottish Highland cow. When we found out that BluMoo's farm had its own farm day, we knew we had to check it out! I am so glad we did.

Miles Smith Farm is a working cattle farm, originally settled in the 1830s. It is so so so beautiful, atop a hill, a picturesque farm house, beautiful pastures, even a cemetery where Miles Smith and his wife, Eliza, are buried along with many members of the family. Local farmers were on hand selling wool (drool!) and veggies, vinegars and food. We took a hay ride, listened to actors portraying Miles & Eliza explain their history and visited all the animals. Meme and Grammie joined us and we had a blast.

~Angora goats are my new faves! So cute, so soft...I really want one!~


~ Mia & Benji really want one too! Check out the mama-made hats! Oh yeah!~

~ A Scottish highland cow. These are such beautiful animals, long eyelashes and shaggy bangs...the supermodels of the cow world really!~

~Mia and Benji acquiesced to some Mama-razzi shots! I love this one!~

The fun doesn't end here...tomorrow we're off to the Sandwich fair! Hooray!

2 comments:

KK1625 said...

It was a wonderful time! Glad we call all share it!

Anonymous said...

Love the last photo of M&B! Maybe this year's Christmas card? I miss the Sandwich Fair. I think I want to live on a farm too!

Love, Alexis