Friday, November 13, 2009

Into the Woods...

I have fond memories of playing elaborate, imaginative games in the woods when I was a little girl. I hope that my children will too. It is hard, because we do not live on a wooded lot, but my parents still do (oh those woods!) and we got a chance to play in some other woods near their house on wednesday.

Auntie, Grammie and Doggie Sadie joined us for a walk in the woods to search for the perfect lantern stick.
~Mia & Ben reminded me of Hansel and Gretel--without the mean mother of course!~


It worked out so perfectly, Benjamin wanted to continue the walk with Grammie, Auntie & Sadie while Mia wanted to play "woods fairy" at a favorite rocky outpost spot. We waved goodbye to Benji & I tried to step out of the way and meditate on the rocks to the sounds of Mia fully engrossing herself in making a little "fairy home" for herself in the rocks. I loved every minute of it. I snapped a few shots...but it was so magical I really didn't want to bring her back to reality with the camera!

~Pretty great spot for a fairy house!~



~A quiet, meditative fairy sat next to me for a moment!~


~A little "fairy carpet" to bring home for the nature shelf.~


Benjamin joined back up with us to play with Mia for a few minutes before we marched on with our day.
Following our b l i s s into the woods.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those photos!

I hope that Mia doesn't come across any garter snakes :)

Love, Alexis xoxo

Kimberley said...

We've seen some together...but I am very proud of myself that I have remained calm. She doesn't know I don't like them...and she doesn't mind them at all...she'll even touch snakes! I'm trying not to pass on my irrational fears!

Mountain Sketch said...

These photos are so fabulous!!

gardenmama said...

I love your banner!
It looks and sounds like a perfect day in the woods with your sweet little ones : )

Kimberley said...

*****************************************************
Thanks so much! I love the photos too! It was a great day!
K

PS-I love the banner photo--a sweet ewe nursing her twins! too cool!
*******************************************************