What a weekend...what a beautiful morning. SO happy am I for the blessed time change! No more darkness on the way to school! Hooray. Interestingly enough I seem to have emerged out my own darkness as well. I don't know if it was the sickness, or Benji's crabbiness, but the past week or so, I was in a real funk. I was certainly not at my best, and it was only made worse by the hard time I was giving myself about not being patient enought, or kind enough, or (insert other adjective here) enough. I am finally feeling better and found lots of inspiration from some of the blogs I read and a nice rereading of Sharifa Oppenheimer's Heaven on Earth.
This weekend I made a little wheel with a chore (or two) of the day and activity of the day for the children. I am hoping this gives our afternoons a more peaceful and connected flow. Tom would like everyone to know that while I was "coloring" he was actually doing chores...yes, I am blessed with a terrific husband...thank you.
On my mind lately has been my lack of sleep & Benjamin. He is two...and has never slept through the night. I am getting a little tired of the all night nursing buffet, but he is such a stubborn little guy that there is no "how about I rub your back instead" option! I need some patience and words of encouragement, since I've decided not to wean him (yet) and hope this little phase works itself out. I'll try not to complain about being tired--I'll have an exra cup of coffee and try to keep my love for that little monkey at the forefront of my mind. I'll keep dreaming of a time when both children are tucked in their beds and Tom & I can have a little adult time.
I've got plenty to keep me busy and lots of knitting and crafting...it is November and there is so much to look forward to!
4 comments:
Okay, so not to be an anti-nursing voice, but I will add to yesterday's conversation that when I was at my wit's end with Eli waking every hour (at 15 months) I did enlist Justin's help for the night time (this is when Eli moved to his crib, out of sight and smell of me!) but I was able to keep nursing in the mornings and afternoons and evenings. We just were able to re-program him to Sleep at night. Novel concept.
My girls were both still nursing all night at two as well. We didn't wean until 3 years old, but there did come a time when we had to stop the all night nursing. They were allowed to nurse at bedtime, and after that they had to wait until the sun was coming up. It was hard at first but they both adjusted pretty quickly.
Hope you feel a bit more rested soon!
*********************************
Thanks so much ladies...I am so tired this morning...I am going to make a change...Tom and I are going to have a talk and come up with a plan and hopefully we can all get more sleep Chez Lynch soon.
K
**********************************
Hi Kimberley!
I remember the all night nurse-a-thon days well with my three littles : ) My kids each weaned themselves around three, we did a mix of what both mamas said before me. My husband was the one to do bedtime and we also talked about nursing at certain times. It is a tiring time, I remember loving the connection but relate to what you wrote about wondering if you will ever have time to rest or be alone with hubby. It all works out mama! Many warm wishes, and some sleep! xo
Post a Comment