We were so lucky this Christmas...we received stockmar paints, painting boards, brushes and beautiful paper. I also received
Painting With Children, which along with
You Are Your Child's First Teacher, gave me plenty of great information for doing wet-on-wet watercolor with my kiddos! We had done plenty of red painting...so we did some red...and a little yellow...it was so fun and beautiful, I wished we had a third board for me!!!! I helped the children remember to use the brush gently, by referring to the brush as a little gnome, whose beard is the bristles and likes to be kept neat....and be treated kindly. Mia loved thinking of her brush as a gnome and repeatedly talked to her brush...it was adorable. Once we added yellow paint and saw the orange that became on the paper, Mia was entranced....and so was I! Benji was more interested in mixing and adding as much to his paper as possible...but Mia was very methodical and was very good about not mixing her paints in the jars...the results are beautiful. Tuesdays are painting days, I am looking forward to it!
~Benji uses red...note the left handed preference!~
~Mia started slowly and carefully.~
~Look! Red & Yellow make Orange!~
~Finished...warm and wonderful!~
~Benji's red masterpiece!~
I think we'll do just blue tomorrow and see what happens...so much fun!
1 comment:
I see budding artists at work for sure!
Post a Comment