Last week during (another) snow storm, we invited snow-loving friends over and I cooked a big, yummy, wintery feast! We started with a wilted spinach salad. I make this often...sautée a little garlic in olive oil, add craisins, add spinach, add splash of balsamic. Serve with chopped nuts and a few slivers of parmesan. Yummmmmmmmo! The dish is so elegant as a first course and quite good for you too. We then had "Porc Prince Orloff" Pork loin, stuffed with ham, gruyère and a nice garlicky-herb paste I made. Baked on a bed of garlic and tomatoes, that I puréed after to make a sauce....Ummm, yummmmmo! I served it with steamed carrots and a potato gatêau.
~about to go in the oven--all tied up!~
~out of the oven~
~hardly any left!~My new trick for a quick chill on a bottle of white? The handy, snowy, wine chiller-deck!

Or if you can't wait that long (hee hee) and run out of ice cubes (hee hee) why not use an icicle? Stir & chill all at once!

I just love homey winter meals with good friends and family! Cheers!
1 comment:
I wish we had snow in DC to do that! Send some to us?
xoxo
Post a Comment