Monday, March 14, 2011

Architecture

Last installment...

I saw so much great architecture in Brussels. Of course my heart is faithful to Art Nouveau, so I had my eyes on the look out for Horta! Here is a collection of interesting buildings...tile work, sgraffito and Art Nouveau!

~seems like a narrow Parisian block to me!~

I love this tile work on a random building...isn't it beautiful? It is inspiring bathroom designs in my imagination!


Random storefront with an eclectic Art Nouveau vibe!

The famous Old English building! It is now a Music Museum! Isn't it gorgeous???

So amazing!

This is the random building with the yellow flower tiles! I want to live there....seriously.

~chez Lynch~

~modern Art Nouveau styling~

The most amazing part of my Art Nouveau journey, was the Horta Museum. No photos allowed inside, so you'll have to take my word for it when I say it was breathtaking. I nearly cried with joy when I saw the staircase. Again, I'm serious.

The outside....and the door.
Building with sgraffito tiles. Gor-geous.
Brussels was a feast for the senses...and I was in heaven....*le grand sigh*

No comments: