Wednesday, July 8, 2009

wip (it good) wednesday!


I had no outstanding photo that called out to me for a "wordless wednesday" post, so I thought I'd do a "WIP wednesday" (work in progress) post instead!

1.) A "simple" patchwork quilt for Mia's quiltless bed...leftover fabric from her Mimi-made curtains...I'm still working on the quilt top...I think it will look lovely.

I am not that great of a sewer (truth be told)...I am self taught on the machine, and a bit impatient...I am trying (trying!) to sew slower....and thus achieve straighter seams...(ahem!)
2.) A "Knitting Pure & Simple" pattern. Top down cardigan for Mia in vermont organic wool! I love this yarn! I stop to smell it often (am I the only one who loves the smell of 100% wool?) Mia picked the chocolate, and I will make a matching one (because I am that Mother!) in oatmeal for Benji! I love these patterns...easy-peasy enough for late night knitting...with a glass of sauvignon blanc on the table and the Daily Show on TV! (true story--last night!)

So that's that friends...I hope to have a finished project to brag :-) about soon enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh! be sure to post more pictures as it is coming along! how big will it be? for a twin sized bed? grant is driving back to dc as I type with my mother's old sewing machine for me, I am so excited! I have lots of projects in mind :)

Anonymous said...

oh- that was me :)

love, alexis xoxo

gardenmama said...

o.k. now I just can't seem to get that song out of my head ; ) Sounds pretty great mama! Can't wait to see the finished results!