
Ok, it goes with out saying that I am a huge (read énorme!) francophile. I pretty much adore la belle France and surtout Paris. I've made my living talking about France, teaching the language and giving little glimpses of a different world to my students. Le mari.,Tom, has been spending some time in Brussels lately. (le pauvre bébé!) It has me wondering if Bruxelles could capture my heart like Paris did? What are the differences between these two francophone cities? Is there a similar culture surrounding food and joie de vivre? Are there enough frites in the world to make Brussels french enough for me? Well, the first step in answering les questions, is a trip to Bruxelles myself....which I hope to do in février. I'll have a waffle & a sprout (or 2) for you! Cheers to Brussels!
3 comments:
Sounds good! But I have only had endives with my dinner and walfels as a post lunch snack. Non of my favorite sprouts. Poor me.
Perhaps it is not sprout season in Brussels? Good thing you like endives!!! Waffles as snacks? How are those pants fitting???? lol!
<3
I want to go with you!
Brussels is amazing, I love it. I hope I'll see you in a couple of weeks when I am home...and remind me to tell you the story of the day that Denis and I spent there, when he was visiting me in Luxembourg from Cambridge. You'll love it!
PS. Does Tom speak French at all?
Love, Alexis
Post a Comment