Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mini-Vacation...


What a delightful little vacation the kids, mom and I had visiting Kathy in CT!  She was a wonderful hostess, and I was especially pleased to have vegetarian, local and organic meals served to me 3 times a day!  I warned her that she might have to open a Bed and Breakfast when word got out to some of my readers (hi Amanda & Jen!).   Kathy has 2 horses, Otto and Gus, Chase the dog and a slew of barn cats.  Mia was in heaven....
Just a lovely view out the back huh?  The 2 horses eating some hay in the sunshine...it was idyllic.
Mia got to go for a ride each day...she rode Gus (while I led him) and loved it.  She even went on a trail ride (picture me hiking with a horse that is carrying my daughter!  Mia was very enthusiastic about the horses and cried saying goodbye to Gus.  
Here we are on our ride....Kathy on Otto and Mia on Gus with me!
Benj loved Chase.  Chase is probably sleeping a lot today without Benji to disturb him!
Each day Mia "helped" Kathy feed the horses.  Her favorite part was "shaking" out their hay.  We had a  blast and thank Kathy for her hospitality!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Luckies! That sounds like a vacation that our whole family would have loved too. Wait till Eli sees those pictures of Mia on the horse!