Wherever it leads...
Childhood innocence is such a gift from God. I wrote a little something about it:I Want to Be a Kid AgainRemember when you were a kidWith sand in your bathing suitAnd it didn't bother you?Devouring a juicy piece of watermelonJuice running down your chinAnd it didn't bother you?Eating an ice cream coneMelting down to your elbowsAnd it didn't bother you?Getting so dirty playing outsideYou had leopard spots on your arms and legsAnd it didn't bother you?Remember when the only thing that DID bother youWas taking turns and having a bed time?I do, and I still want to be a kid again!!Jan Mello
Your kids. . . are so fun to be with. Aren't all kids nuts? I keep trying to tell myself that to make mine seem more normal. Thanks for a fun night.
Post a Comment
2 comments:
Childhood innocence is such a gift from God. I wrote a little something about it:
I Want to Be a Kid Again
Remember when you were a kid
With sand in your bathing suit
And it didn't bother you?
Devouring a juicy piece of watermelon
Juice running down your chin
And it didn't bother you?
Eating an ice cream cone
Melting down to your elbows
And it didn't bother you?
Getting so dirty playing outside
You had leopard spots on your arms and legs
And it didn't bother you?
Remember when the only thing that DID bother you
Was taking turns and having a bed time?
I do, and I still want to be a kid again!!
Jan Mello
Your kids. . . are so fun to be with. Aren't all kids nuts? I keep trying to tell myself that to make mine seem more normal. Thanks for a fun night.
Post a Comment